Remember those good ol’ jolly days leading up to the holidays? Prepping Thanksgiving invites for loved ones near and far. Feeling warm and festive around the toasty fireplace, watching the flames flicker while listening to Frank Sinatra sing about white Christmas (which unsurprisingly is on repeat in my humble abode).
And then there are shopping sessions that bring many good cheer (how can you not when your favorite perfumes are bottled up ideal stocking stuffers?) So when the Sephora 20% off VIB event occurred last week, I was one of the many beauty enthusiasts to gleefully jump on that sales bandwagon. And the verdict? A happy camper with a bag full of skincare and makeup goodies to smooth sail through Winter!
Without further adieu, here are the items I purchased and my two cent’s worth on them!
1.) First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser ($20): My go-to cleanser for Winter, I love how this lathers up to a creamy texture and removes makeup residue, dirt, grimes and oil without being abrasive.
– Pros: Antioxidant boosters like white tea, licorice root, and feverfew to combat free radicals. No parabens and sulfates. Suitable for all skin types.
– Cons: It has a pungent medicinal scent but not strong enough to be off-putting.
2.) Origins Modern Friction Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion ($39.50 for 4.2 oz): Serving as my wake-up call with perk-up aromas like bergamot and peppermint, it’s as pleasant to the senses as it dutifully removes dead skin cells.
– Pros: My skin looks more polished, most likely due to the lemon oil that illuminates and the aloe that prevents irritation and redness. No parabens and sulfates. Suitable for all skin types
– Cons: None I can think of!
3.) Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream ($30): A first buy, I was drawn to its holy mantra –“instantly reduces dark circles. Unsightly bags and puffiness virtually disappear”. Plus when I tested it at Sephora the gel-like texture soaked in well without leaving a hefty residue.
– Pros: Natural ingredients like Panax ginseng, magnolia extract, and caffeine. Soothing texture with cooling effect. No parabens and sulfates. Suitable for all skin types.
– Cons: Results take time; my under eye bags have diminished ever so slightly but those dark circles haven’t budged a bit (note to self: no more burning the midnight oil).
4.) Perricone MD Photo Plasma Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($69): With a dewy pink soufflé texture, this holy grail moisturizer not only hydrates and nourishes but protects against sun damage.
– Pros: Oil-free moisturizer with a highly absorbent formula that doesn’t leave a white cast on your face. Titanium Dioxide and Vitamin C Ester deliver the dual purpose of warding off UVA and UVB rays while brightening the skin. No parabens and sulfates. Suitable for all skin types.
– Cons: Again, can’t think of any!
5.) Marc Jacobs Beauty Plush Shadow ($59): The coveted triad of “shimmery metallics, buttery mattes, and lustrous sheens”, the 7 colors in this palette leave a creamy luxe finish while blend seamlessly with one another into vibrant new shades!
– Pros: Sleek and skinny palette ideal for travel; high pigmentation and staying power; non-tacky shimmery and matte colors.
How about you? Have you tried any of these products before, or perhaps picked one up during your recent shopping haul? 🙂
Photos: Jason J